Discussions for all Omap devices! iPad, N900, Beagle, Panda! ALL!

Hello,
Welcome back! Post away and hack the planet!

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Hello,
Welcome back! Post away and hack the planet!

Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Hacks, Mods and F**k-Ups!

Latest topics

» Problem with hardware detection in Pandaboard.
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyFri Dec 20, 2013 2:41 am by vismay

» Play and Seek
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyTue Jul 30, 2013 4:27 am by ShadeShaman

» USB, slow speed enforcement
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyWed Dec 05, 2012 3:18 am by rron

» Unable to Solve Any Type of PC Issue ?
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyThu Jul 26, 2012 11:02 pm by Razila

» Serial communication between Panda and Arduino Mega
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyWed Jul 04, 2012 8:44 pm by Guidomo

» help foe connecting wince device to pc using active sync
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyMon Mar 19, 2012 5:36 pm by nisharamanak

» need help for programming windows ce to change lcd resolution
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyWed Feb 29, 2012 1:40 pm by nisharamanak

» Unified Linux
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 2:00 pm by admin

» Custom Kernels and Projects!
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyThu Jul 21, 2011 1:47 pm by admin

» How to overclock OMAP devices
SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  EmptyTue Jul 19, 2011 10:55 am by admin

I forgot my password

Navigation

April 2024

MonTueWedThuFriSatSun

Calendar Calendar

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix

admin
    admin
    Admin
    Admin

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Empty SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix

Post by admin Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:01 pm

What a Face

Hello!

Super-Jumbo is sweet. New... But not a great deal of help is available..

So, I will do what I can. Very Happy

My Beagle is: Rev C4
    This (supposedly) should work on all Beagleboards (from original devboard Rev A to new RevB-XM).

Let's start!

Download the 2GB file: http://alwaysinnovating.com/beagleboard/

What's needed:

Super-Jumbo image [file]
    SD Card 4GB minimum
    SD Reader
    Linux computer (or VM)
    Beagleboard
    Keyboard
    Mouse (if you want to use the OS)

[All images taken using my N900! Very Happy Very Happy ]

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-B012UV SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-6118UV-1

On your Linux box..

Insert a RAW (unformatted) SD card.
    Navigate to directory of super-jumbo*.tbz2

Code:

sudo -s
    tar -Oxjpf ai-superjumbo-2011-03.a.tbz2 | cat > /dev/sdb
    If you don't know your SD location in /dev/ use: fdisk -l

Wait a while, maybe up to 30 minutes.

That's it.
    Find your Beagleboard and insert the SD.
    Hold User Button and wait for it to boot.
    You will then see:
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-G5ODVV
    Followed by:
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-5N2AVV
    Then the fun!
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-9K45UV

WHOOOOO HOOOO!

Press USER Button ON Beagleboard (no keyboard/mouse input is registered).
    If you press nothing, Droid will boot.

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-2DO7UV

From here, select the OS you want:

Let's go through the OS's:

Droid:

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-AUIHVV-1

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-HKY7UV-1

Chromium OS (Didn't use it, I have no ethernet plugged in [required]):
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-TRZ1UV

Ubuntu:
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-L893UV

AI-OS
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-V8V5UV

AI-OS [chroot] OS selector:
    SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-AYN2UV

Unfortunately my BB is not setup right, yet, and I could not boot Droid on top of AI-OS:

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Attachment-3HPGVV-1

Enjoy. Keep it simple.
    Use copy and paste on the code supplied! You only need the one line (and sudo). :eek:

GIT available: http://git.alwaysinnovating.com/
    admin
    admin
    Admin
    Admin

SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix  Empty Re: SUPERJUMBO!! Installation guide for Beagleboard/Pandabord and Gumstix

Post by admin Tue Jul 12, 2011 8:02 pm

This will also work with Pandaboard. I am not 100% sure if I need to recomp the OS, but I plan on building a OMAP4 kernel and I will upload here Very Happy

Current date/time is Sun Apr 28, 2024 3:37 am